Medical Care and Insurance

General Information

All foreign students (non EU nationals) must have health insurance coverage for illness, accidents, etc. (“comprehensive health insurance”) for the entire period of their stay in the Czech Republic.

You will be asked to submit proof of Czech health insurance when you apply for your visa. For detailed information please refer to the Ministry of the Interior:

Students may apply online and receive their documents anywhere in the world. Companies usually offer student discounts to students ages 17-26. The following are some recommended insurance companies:





Students can of course use medical services in both emergency and non-emergency cases. A valid insurance card is required when going to a doctor or a medical facility in the Czech Republic. EU nationals should provide European Health Insurance Card.

The Czech Republic uses the European emergency number 112.